Friday, February 28, 2014

It's That Time

Nervous. Apprehensive. Excited. All emotions I felt as I waited to
depart on my first flight to Lesotho.

Today, nearly eight years later and for the third year in a row, my
brother and partner, Andrew and I will be embarking on a trip to the
mountain kingdom to continue the work of BLOOM Africa.
But this time feels extra special.

With us, we are joined by six volunteers. I can tell they are all
nervous, apprehensive, and naive - as I was my first trip. And excited
(talking about you, Adam Waxman, Mr. three-calls-a-day and new Lesotho
travel guide extraordinaire.)

Their excitement fills me with pride. As well as gratitude to Profesor
Rosenberg, who first introduced me to me the tremendous spirit and
culture of Lesotho all those years ago and encouraged me to become a
shepherd of the Lesotho culture myself.

Will you join us on this adventure?

Over the next eight days, I will be sharing my love for Lesotho with
our volunteers and here on the blog with you. Visit daily for updates
and please send your comments, questions and good spirits on our

Facebook page.

With excitement,


William

William is BLOOM Africa's Deputy Director and Vice Chair of the Board

No comments:

Post a Comment